Tuesday, October 23, 2012

OOTD + Day 9 Hair/Day 4 Twist-Out












My OOTD is a simple boho style.  I didn't feel like wearing heels to work today but I still wanted to wear layers for an office feel.  My office is pretty chill where everyday is dress down Friday so wearing heels is pretty dressy for my office.  Most of my outfit came from a local thrift store called Cheapskate.  I love this store because you can buy and sell from the store and they love name buying name brand items from people.  I also had a pair of simple shades on with a brown tint to them that I got from Forever 21.  


Cardigan (grey); Mix Nouveau Scarf from local store CheapSkate; White basic V-neck, ripped Jeans; Express Flats (Magenta-similar pair); Nicole Miller Purse (Black) from Belks; Necklace from Cheapskate w/ simple silver studs



























This is 9 day hair and a 4 day twist-out so today is definitely wash day!  I was going to wash my hair last night but I got lazy.  I did stop by the store and purchase a few products I will be using tonight to prep for my mini twists.  I will be doing a deep conditioning treatment and when I begin twisting I will still use my castor oil but I will also use some Shea Moisture Organic Curl Enhancing Smoothie that I purchased from Walgreens for $9.99 (online you can purchase it for $7.99).  I will deep condition with Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Hair Masque that I purchased for $9.99. 





-->
Regimen for tonight's conditioning and twisting:

1.     Spray hair with water and distribute in 4 sections, Organic Hair Mayo and Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) or any oil of your choice.  If you do not have Organic Hair Mayo, you can use regular Mayo in your fridge w/ EVOO.
2.     Put on plastic cap or plastic bag and wrap warm towel around the bag or sit under the dryer for about 15-30 min.  
3.     Rinse a section and co-wash with your choice of conditioner (I prefer Herbal Essence).  Repeat on all sections.
4.     Apply your deep conditioner (I am using Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Hair Masque).  Cover with cap and sit for 15 minutes.
5.     Rinse each section and apply your leave-in conditioner or reapply the masque (the jar says you can use the masque for frizzies).
6.     I usually air dry or lightly blow dry on cold-hi setting.
7.     Apply Castor Oil and Shea Moisture Enhancing Smoothie to section.  Separate parts w/ fingers and begin twisting.  Depending on the size, this could take me about 4-6 hours to complete. 

**After a week or 2 of twists, I wear a twist out for about a week and begin from step 1.  I do detangle in the shower when my conditioner is on my hair w/ a denman brush, BUT, I will be trying the finger detangling method tonight.  If it works, this will be my new regimen for detangling.**


Thanks for stopping by loves :)
Come see me tomorrow for my Tutorial vid!

No comments:

Post a Comment